To get started you need:
- Retrieve WesternBid and get span>Merchant account and Secret key (you need to register on the site westernbid.com and apply for email@example.com with your username in Western Bid and the address of your store).
- Install to Shopify storeapp to connect to the payment gateway
- Install a ShopifyWesternBid payment gatewayPayment Gateway
- Make a test payment
- According to your request, we check whether the store complies with WesternBid requirements. After passing the verification, you will receive a Merchant account and a Secret key.
- To set up the WesternBid Payment Gateway application, you need to fill in the Shopify payment field (you need to come up with a password to encrypt the transmitted data), as well as received from WesternBid Merchant Account and Secret Key.
- Install the WesternBid Payment Gateway from within the application (see step 2 in the Install gateway section). Go to the admin section of the Shopify store, go to the Settings — Payment providers section, in the Alternative payments section, select the installed PayPal Payments gateway. The gateway will be available only if the country of Belarus or Ukraine is set in the Shopify store settings (Settings - General). In the connection settings, specify the address of your store (without .myshopify.com) and the password you created from the installation step 2 of Shopify payment.
- Add a phone in the Shopify admin area
Admin -> Settings -> Checkout -> Form options -> Shipping address phone number - required
- Make a test payment via PayPal using your PayPal test account (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, password: o0g1*V&S)
- Get test (real) transaction data. Go to the admin section of your Shopify store, go to the
Orders section, open the required order, and in the More actions menu, select Transaction data.
Send the received data email@example.com for a test, then a real purchase.
Below is a detailed video instruction on connecting the WesternBid (PayPal) payment gateway to Shopify.